CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN FOR RIVERSIDE COUNTY SUPERVISOR, DISTRICT 3
"Limited Government, Lower Taxes, & Peaceful Communities"
ABOUT JACK GUERRERO
Jack Guerrero brings a unique combination of public and private sector experience, with a quintessential American story. Jack’s experience as Mayor, City Councilmember, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Stanford economics graduate, Harvard MBA, university lecturer in statistics and economics, Treasury & Finance professional, auditor of municipalities and government agencies, investment banker, and M&A due diligence advisor to Fortune 500 companies (with professional stints in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Zurich) – establishes him as the candidate with BOTH private sector leadership experience AND a public service record of fighting for taxpayers.
2022 REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR CALIFORNIA TREASURER
In 2022, Jack Guerrero was the Republican nominee for California Treasurer, securing the endorsement of Republican organizations, taxpayer groups, and independent newspapers throughout the state including the Riverside County-based Press Enterprise and the Orange County Register. Jack's historic candidacy garnered 4.5 million votes or 42%, becoming the second highest Republican vote-getter in the State of California. In Riverside County, Jack achieved 53% of the County vote and an estimated two-thirds of the vote in District 3.
RECORD OF SERVICE
In 2011, Jack Guerrero returned to southern California after professional stints in New York and London, UK. Following a local corruption scandal, Mr. Guerrero became active in local government reform efforts in Los Angeles County and was elected to the City Council with overwhelming public support. He served constituents honorably as Mayor and Council Member over the course of 10 years, with the highest levels of integrity and competence. As Mayor, Mr. Guerrero ushered in sweeping government reform measures, exposed serious deficiencies in the City's internal financial and administrative controls, engaged the California State Controller for a consequential forensic examination, and lowered taxes and fees across the board. Mr. Guerrero's passion for justice extended to education initiatives, when (as Mayor) he did the unthinkable: He held public hearings on the quality of education in local public schools! He successfully organized parents and contributed to the reform of one school's entire administration.
Jack achieved legislative victories throughout his tenure, as the only Republican elected official in a seven-city radius. Never once did he accept campaign contributions from developers, vendors, consultants, or contractors doing business with the City, because (although legal), Jack considered this an unseemly and unethical conflict of interest.
After completing his term on the City Council, Jack Guerrero relocated his family to beautiful Temecula Valley. Jack's roots in this region stretch to the late 1980's, when his aunt and uncle purchased a home in Temecula. Jack's extended family is firmly established in Riverside County. During Jack's campaign for California Treasurer, Riverside County was home to his most committed grassroots support. In a testament to shared values, Jack won the Riverside County vote by 53%.
Jack Guerrero humbly submits his 10 years of public service and 20+ years of private sector leadership experience at the highest levels of corporate organizations, as the basis for government reform in Riverside County! He has a long history of fighting government corruption and WINNING. He wants the same discipline for Riverside County.
SON OF IMMIGRANTS AND DEDICATED PATRIOT
Jack is the son of hard-working Mexican Catholic immigrant parents -- farmworkers and later, factory workers who settled in Los Angeles in the late 1970's. Jack was raised in a tough neighborhood, surrounded by poverty, gangs, and decrepit public schools. As a young boy, Jack was determined to escape poverty, obtain a quality university education, and seek a better life for his family. At the age of 15, Jack enrolled at university to supplement his high school education, and went on to graduate from Harvard and Stanford Universities. Only in our country is Jack's story even possible.
Jack is a proud American patriot, forever grateful to this country for the educational opportunities conferred on him, and dedicated to expanding similar opportunities for others. Jack serves on numerous boards of non-profit organizations, and is active in scholarship and university recruitment efforts in underprivileged communities.
Pictured, East Wing of the White House c. 2018.
NOTABLE PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Subject matter expert in banking regulation, economic policy, and capital & liquidity risk management
- Vice President in the Corporate Treasury division of a Fortune 500 banking institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), licensed in the State of California
- 10 years of public service, as Mayor/ Council Member
- 2022 Republican nominee for California State Treasurer (4.5 million votes, 42% of California vote)
- Investment Banker (series 79 and series 63, by Financial Industry Regulatory Authority)
- Professional work experience with Fortune 500 companies as auditor, consultant, and M&A technical advisor (including Wells Fargo Bank, Credit Suisse Group, Microsoft Corporation, Barclays Global Investors, American Honda Finance Corporation, among others)
- Corporate Development Manager with the American Express Company in New York and London, where he worked on various transactions involving corporate divestitures, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisor with Ernst & Young LLP in San Francisco, where he managed financial due diligence engagements for private equity firms and corporate clients
- CPA with Big Four public accounting firms KPMG LLP and Ernst & Young LLP
- University lecturer in economics and statistics
- Auditor of local municipalities and agencies of the federal government
- MBA internship and field study research, United States Department of the Treasury (Washington, D.C.)
- International work experience in United Kingdom, Switzerland, Spain, India, and Ecuador
BA in Economics, Stanford Univesity - where Mr. Guerrero's professors included Dr. Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State; Dr. Michael Boskin, former Chair of Economic Advisors for President George H.W. Bush; and Dr. John Cogan, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget. Mr. Guerrero was also a regular political columnist with the Stanford Review newspaper, and a nationally-ranked competitive debator with the American Parliamentary Debate Association (the same debating circuit that produced U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas).
MBA, Harvard University - where Mr. Guerrero's professors included Dr. Robert Merton, Nobel Laureate in Economics, and field study advisor Dr. Robert Kaplan, founder of the "Balanced Scorecard" concept used widely by corporate organizations. While at Harvard, Mr. Guerrero's curriculum was heavily focused on financial economics and business law.
AFFILIATIONS (for identification purposes only):
- League of California Cities (www.cacities.org)
- California Contract Cities Association (www.contractcities.org)
- Past Board member, California Gateway Cities Council of Governments (www.gatewaycog.org)
- Past Board member, Los Angeles County Sanitation District
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (www.naleo.org)
- Southern California Advisory Council, Hispanic Scholarship Fund (www.hsf.net)
- National Board member, Harvard Latino Alumni Association (www.hbslaa.org)
- Board member, Los Angeles County Taxpayers Association (https://la-tax.org)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (www.aicpa.org)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (www.calcpa.org)
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs (www.nshmba.org)
- American Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (www.alpfa.org)
- World Affairs Council of Northern California (www.itsyourworld.org)
- The Bow Group United Kingdom (www.bowgroup.org)
- State Delegate, California Republican Party (www.cagop.org)
- Budget Committee, California Republican Party (www.cagop.org)
- Platform Committee, California Republican Party (www.cagop.org)
- Board member, Republican Liberty Caucus of California (rlcca.org)
- Board member, California Hispanic Republican Club (www.cahrc.org)
- Judeo-Christian Republican Caucus
- California Republican Assembly (cragop.org)
- Harvard Alumni Association (alumni.harvard.edu)
- Stanford Alumni Association (www.stanfordalumni.org)
- Knights of Columbus (www.kofc.org), Roman Catholic fraternity and charitable organization
- Parishioner, Holy Martys of England & Wales Catholic Church (Murrieta, CA)
GREAT WORKS OF INFLUENCE:
- "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith
- "Principles of Political Economy and Taxation" by David Ricardo
- "Human Action" by Ludwig von Mises
- "The Road to Serfdom" by Friedrich von Hayek
- "The Constitution of Liberty" by Friedrick von Hayek
- "Capitalism and Freedom" by Milton Friedman
- "Free to Choose" by Milton Friedman
- "Essays on Politics and Economics" by Milton Friedman
- "On Classical Economics" by Thomas Sowell
- "The Mystery of Capital" by Hernando de Soto
- "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
- "Theory and History" by Ludwig von Mises
- "The Conscience of a Conservative" by Barry Goldwater
- "Democracy in America" by Alexis de Tocqueville
- "Witness" by Whittaker Chambers
- "Ideas Have Consequences" by Richard Weaver
- "The Abolition of Man" by C.S. Lewis
- "The Conservative Mind" by Russell Kirk
- "Reflections on the Revolution in France" by Edmund Burke
- "On Liberty" by John Stuart Mill
- "The Federalist Papers"
Paid for by "Guerrero for Supervisor 2024", FPPC #1461556, 41774 Carleton Way, Temecula, CA 92591